Transporting your car, truck, or van in the UK is easy with uShip. uShip quickly connects you with car transport providers, saving you time and money. Once you've listed your car delivery, vehicle transport companies will bid on your listing. You can then talk directly with the couriers about your car delivery and choose to accept or deny their bid if it does not fit your auto transport needs. This gives you control over choosing a car transporter that can best accommodate your delivery's specific needs. Price, time frame and service level are important to note when comparing potential car couriers.
If you're curious about what it costs to transport a car, truck, or van you can visit our cost-to-ship section which includes hundreds of completed uShip vehicle deliveries from the United Kingdom and international car deliveries from around the globe.
uShip provides customer written feedback for thousands of car transport providers, making it easy to research each vehicle transporter before you schedule your delivery. Consider their feedback and research more about the couriers on their profile page.
You also want to know what type of car delivery service your vehicle will need. Transporting a used car via car transporter trailer may be the easiest/cheapest option but you certainly wouldn't want to ship your vintage Porsche that way. An enclosed lorrie or covered car transport is a good option to consider for high value or classic car transport.
BEFORE YOUR TRANSPORT YOUR VEHICLE
Prior to transporting your car you will want to properly prepare it for the delivery. Follow these steps to ensure your vehicle is properly prepared for the journey:
- Empty your fuel, leaving only enough fuel to allow for transport to the final destination if applicable upon delivery.
- Wash your car fully inside and out.
- Apply a full coat of wax to the exterior of the car to serve as a bug and debris barrier during open transport.
- Check all fluids in your car. If your vehicle is leaking fluids you should let the transporter know so that the fluids don't drip onto another car or become a safety hazard. Coolant and oil are very slippery substances and could cause harm if not properly noted by you and your vehicle courier.
- Your transporter will know what fluids may be left in your vehicle and which need to be emptied completely.
- Check your battery charge and tire pressure-you don't want to wait until the vehicle delivery is complete to find out these things are lacking.
- Take high-quality photographs of your vehicle before transport and photograph damage (if there is any) before you sign off on the car delivery.
- Remove all ornaments (roof racks, spoilers, antenna, etc) from the exterior of the car.
- Remove things from windshields to prevent possible damage.
- Remove all personal belongings but leave behind a spare tire and jack, just in case.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO TRANSPORT A CAR IN THE UK?
The average cost to transport a car in the UK depends on the distance. It costs £3.24 /mile to transport a car less than 50 miles, but costs £1.17/mile to transport a car more than 50 miles.
Vehicle transport costs vary depending on a number of conditions: the distance your vehicle is being transported, the type of transport you choose for your vehicle, and your delivery time frame.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT DELIVERY
At delivery, be ready with your car courier’s preferred method of payment and carefully inspect your delivered vehicle. More than likely, your car will arrive in the same condition it left in. If there is a dispute or claim, follow your vehicle courier’s instructions on filing a complaint.