Finding vehicle transport that meets your needs is easy with uShip. uShip quickly connects you with car carriers, saving you time and money. Create a listing with your vehicle delivery needs and transport companies will bid on your listing. You can then talk directly with the couriers about your car delivery and select a transporter that your feel comfortable with transporting your car.
The uShip transporter profile provides customer-written feedback for thousands of car transport providers, making it easy to research each car carrier before you schedule your delivery.
You also want to know what type of vehicle delivery service your car will require. Transporting a used car via car carrier trailer may be the easiest/cheapest option but you wouldn't want to ship your classic Morris Minor that way. An enclosed lorry or covered car transport is a good option for high value or classic car transport.
VEHICLE TRANSPORT PREPARATION
You’ll want to properly prepare your car for the journey. We advise reviewing this list before your car transport:
- Empty your fuel, leaving only enough fuel to drive to re-fuel.
- Wash your car fully inside and out.
- Wax the exterior of the car to serve as a bug and debris barrier during open transport.
- Check all fluids in your car. If your vehicle is leaking fluids you should let the transporter know so that the fluids don't drip onto another car or become a safety hazard. If you have any questions, your transporter will know what fluids may be left in your vehicle and which need to be emptied completely.
- Check your battery charge and tire pressure - you don't want to wait until the vehicle delivery is complete to discover these need to be changed.
- Take high-quality photographs of your vehicle before transport and photograph again at after transport, before you sign off on the car delivery.
- Remove all ornaments (roof racks, spoilers, antenna, etc) from the exterior of the car.
- Remove things from windshields to prevent possible damage.
- Remove all personal belongings but leave behind a spare tire and jack, just in case.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO TRANSPORT A CAR IN INDIA?
The average cost to transport a car in India depends on the distance and car delivery service type. It costs about ₹17 per kilometer to transport a car more than 50 kilometers. If you're curious about what it costs to transport a car, truck, or van you can visit our cost-to-ship section which includes hundreds of completed uShip vehicle deliveries from India and international car deliveries from around the globe.