Top LTL Carriers
When you use uShip to ship your freight you can expect instant quotes from the following top LTL carriers:
- UPS Freight
- Forward Air
- YRC Freight
- RL Carriers
- Central Transport LTL
- Roadrunner Transportation
- FedEx Freight
- Old Dominion Freight Lines
- Southeastern Freight Lines
- Pitt Ohio Express
- Averitt Express
LTL carriers ship cargo from different customers on the same truck going to the same place. Less than truckload (LTL) shipping is an affordable way to ship pallets and crates both regionally and nationally.
uShip is an online platform that connects you with professional LTL carriers. We create and maintain lasting relationships with some of the best freight carriers in the industry. By doing this, we are able to offer you deeply discounted rates.
How to Choose LTL Carriers
In a perfect world, every single carrier would be prompt, professional, and careful. However, not all LTL carriers are the same. They each offer different service levels to meet your specific needs. Some carriers focus on customer service and low damage rates, while others focus strictly on price. Important factors to consider when choosing freight companies are:
- Type of freight: The type of commodity you are shipping is important to consider. Some LTL carriers provide a better service for specific types of freight. For example, you would want to choose a carrier with a low damage rate for antique furniture shipping.
- Packaging: Your freight will be frequently shifting around during transport. You will want to package your freight accordingly.
- Location: Some LTL carriers will not service certain location types such as trade shows, auctions, or military locations.
- Time: If you need your shipment to arrive within a certain time-frame, be sure to select a carrier with a good on-time track record. Additionally, you can select a carrier that offers guaranteed rates.
- Distance: How far will your freight need to travel? This will help determine if you need a regional or national freight company.
- Tracking: If you are shipping freight to a customer, you will want an LTL freight company that offers detailed tracking.
- Volume: If you are shipping multiple pallets, some LTL carriers offer volume discounts.
If you are not sure which less-than-truckload carrier is best for your needs, feel free to contact us. We have experienced freight experts waiting to answer all of your questions.
Not only does uShip provide discounted freight quotes, but we also offer other great benefits, such as:
- Customer Support: uShip’s knowledgeable LTL customer support team is available via phone or email. If you need to file a damage claim or dispute a rebill, we can help.
- Invoice Audits: All invoices are checked for accuracy to ensure you are getting the best price possible. We will proactively credit the difference of any overpayment to your uShip account.
- Bring Your Own Rates: If you have your own rates with LTL carriers, you can load them directly into your uShip portal, allowing you to compare quotes all in one place.
- Customer Specific Pricing: We can negotiate pricing with carriers based on your individual volume.
- Referral Program: You will receive shipping credit when you refer a friend.
- Insurance Options: Did you know LTL carriers do not have full liability insurance? It’s always best to cover your freight with a uShip cargo insurance policy.
From competitive prices to great customer service, it’s clear why so many small businesses prefer obtaining LTL freight quotes from uShip.