FedEx Freight LTL Services
Would you like to save money on your FedEx Freight pickup? If so, keep reading to find out how you can unlock some of the best FedEx rates in the industry with uShip. uShip is an online shipping marketplace that connects freight service providers with business shippers. With 30+ LTL carriers, including FedEx Freight, you are sure to find the services you need at a price you can afford.
FedEx Freight is one of the biggest LTL carriers around. Its fleet of over 25,000 trucks serves about 370 terminals. As a result, FedEx can easily handle an extreme amount of volume. They pick up and deliver more than 110 thousand crates, pallets, and packages per day.
FEDEX FREIGHT LTL PICKUP OPTIONS
A FedEx Freight LTL pickup request entails selecting from a handful of beneficial services. FedEx offers the services that businesses need to succeed and be competitive in the market. Some of the services that FedEx Freight offers are:
- Coast to Coast Coverage: FedEx Freight services include coast to coast to coast coverage: regional, national, Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada.
- Priority Service: Get fast delivery for time-sensitive freight shipments. This FedEx shipping service option is great for trade shows, special events, and more.
- Economy Service: Businesses with LTL shipments that only require bare-bones transportation can trade minutes for dollars with FedEx Economy.
- Day Definite Guaranteed Delivery: Day-definite delivery from FedEx is like supercharging your engine. Speed up any shipment by choosing the FedEx express freight pickup service.
- Volume Pricing: Businesses looking to schedule a pickup from FedEx Freight requiring at least 10 feet of trailer space are eligible to receive a rate discount.
- Residential Solutions: A FedEx Freight pickup request at a residential area is no problem. Do keep in mind that a pickup at a residence will be an additional charge.
- Same Day Pickups: A shipment booked with FedEx before the cutoff time of 2 PM can be picked up the same day before a business’s close time. That said, if the cutoff time is missed, the shipment will be rolled over to the next business day for pickup.
Given the above points, it’s clear why FedEx is one of the top LTL carriers in the transportation industry. They offer a large selection of freight services to meet the unique shipping needs of any business, anywhere.
FEDEX FREIGHT PICKUP LOCATIONS
Many FedEx Freight pickup locations exist in the United States. In fact, the Memphis-based logistics company owns and operates well over 370 freight terminals within North America. This means that businesses almost anywhere in the U.S. are able to have their freight picked up by FedEx. Furthermore, this also means a company can easily drop its freight off at a local FedEx dock to be shipped.
Why would a company want to drop its freight off at a FedEx terminal as opposed to having it picked up? The reason is that if a business or any other pickup location does not have a loading dock or forklift, the carrier will charge for liftgates services.
A liftgate is a motorized piece of equipment attached to the back of a trailer. It is used to lift pallets and crates into the trailer when no other safe loading option exists. If you are not sure whether or not your FedEx Freight pickup needs a liftgate, give uShip a call to discuss your options.
FEDEX FREIGHT WITH USHIP
FedEx is no doubt a quality company to ship LTL freight with. That said, unless you are shipping hundreds of LTL shipments per year, your FedEx pickup may cost an arm and leg. In other words, you may not get the rock-bottom freight rates you had hoped for.
Due to the nature of LTL freight shipping, carriers try and maximize their profits as much as possible. As a result, lower volume shippers pay higher rates than large-volume shippers. With uShip, low-volume business shippers win by saving up to 85% on FedEx pickups.
How can uShip save low-volume shippers money?
uShip uses the power of numbers to negotiate FedEx shipping rates on behalf of business shippers. When a business books a less than truckload shipment through uShip, its pallet isn’t just a pallet – it’s part of larger forces at work. The rate is based on the number of shipments booked on uShip in total rather than the individual volume of the business.
If that’s not enough of a reason to book a FedEx pickup through uShip, then keep reading for the full list of benefits.
BENEFITS OF BOOKING FEDEX THROUGH USHIP
Securing a FedEx Freight pickup on uShip means much more than saving time and money. With uShip, you get:
- Rebill Protection: uShip audits your invoice to ensure no mistakes were made. In addition, if you do not agree with an additional charge, we will assist you in disputing it with FedEx directly.
- Load Your Own Rates: If you have your own rates with other carriers like FedEx, feel free to upload them to your uShip portal. By doing this, you can compare your contract rates against ours, all in one place. Thus, eliminating bouncing around various freight websites for quotes.
- Customer Specific Rates: If we notice that you’re shipping an adequate amount of volume, we can offer account-specific pricing.
- Referral Program: Do you know of other businesses in need of LTL shipping services? If so, refer them to experience uShip and you’ll receive shipment credits and other rewards in return.
- Insurance: Did you know that LTL pickups do not automatically come with full coverage insurance? uShip fills insurance gaps and offers the option to purchase a full-coverage cargo insurance policy for select shipments.
- Account Management: Frequent shippers can enjoy the benefits of having their own account manager here at uShip.
The best part about using uShip to schedule a FedEx Freight pickup is the ability to compare rates from other carriers. When you obtain a uShip LTL quote, you receive quotes from other freight companies that can accommodate your specific needs as well. By comparing the rates of other freight companies, you can guarantee you are getting the best price possible.
Instantly schedule a FedEx Freight pickup online with uShip. If you have any questions about obtaining rates, feel free to contact us. We have a knowledgeable freight team available to answer all of your questions.
Ready to Ship?Get FedEx Freight Quotes
UPS is a major player in the LTL freight transportation industry. They have been around for decades and show no signs of slowing down.
From sponsoring NCAA bowl games to supporting local communities, R+L Carriers do it all. It has won the Quest for Quality Award by Logistics Magazine multiple times due to its family-driven values and customer-centric approach.
Forward Air Freight is a well-rounded less than truckload carrier with an exceptional reputation in the industry. From low damage rates to great customer service, Forward Air is a great addition to any businesses’ supply chain toolbox.