What’s the Cheapest Way to Ship My Car?
The cheapest way to ship a car is mainly determined by the type of vehicle and how far it has to travel. That said, here are some proven ways to save money on car shipping:
- Do your research: Research your options. There are many ways to transport a car cheaply.
- Compare rates and services: Don’t use the first company that you see. Compare rates to save the most money.
- Find the best transporter for your needs: Determine what is most important to you when it comes to shipping a car.
- Use terminal-to-terminal shipping: Although this is the cheapest option, it is often slower and less convenient. It involves finding terminals to ship your car to and from, as well as carriers that want to stop at these terminals.
- Consider door-to-door transport: This is the most convenient option, as the carriers will pick up the vehicle and safely transport it to its delivery location. Most uShip car carriers offer this option.
With door-to-door shipping, you can also choose between open and enclosed transport depending on the type of vehicle you are transporting. The more cost-effective choice is open transport while the oftentimes safer choice is enclosed transport. Ler more about the types of auto transport available in the uShip car shipping guides.
Things to Keep in Mind
It’s important to remember that distance affects the price. The cheapest way to ship a car across the country will not be the same as within the same state. However, no matter how far your car is being transported, you can be confident you’ll find the best services at the best rates for your shipping needs in uShip’s easy-to-use marketplace.
Check out our cost to ship vehicles index for a better idea of what it may cost to ship your car. You can also find more information on how to efficiently and safely ship a car through uShip on our vehicles page.
With uShip, you’re in control. Transporters give you car shipping quotes as they compete for your business, making sure you get the best rates.