HOW TO CHOOSE A VEHICLE TRANSPORTER
Choosing the winning quote on uShip boils down to choosing the auto transporter you’re most comfortable with. Once you have received quotes from carriers, you have a limited time to accept the winner.
- Know the type of transport service you want to hire, and make sure the company you book with can offer you this service. Depending on your needs, time frame and budget, you may choose open transport or closed transport, terminal-to-terminal service or door-to-door service.
- Communicate with carriers using the question and answer function on your listing and on their quotes. Here you can clarify one another’s questions and get a clear understanding of all important information before booking.
- Check each transporter’s profile for MC numbers. All auto transporters are required to be registered with the Department of Transportation and must have an active MC number. You can double check these on the carrier’s profile page by clicking directly on the numbers. With registered transporters, you get licensing and quality. They have to hold themselves to higher standards and you should too.
- Review the liability and cargo insurance coverage of your carrier on their profile. Carriers are required to have insurance to obtain their MC number. Most of our carriers have their insurance information listed in their profiles. After booking you should request written proof of a transporter’s coverage. Keep in mind, most household policies won’t cover a car in transit, so check with your specific insurance company before booking to see if they have “rider” policies. Most importantly, like all things relating to money, contracts or insurance: read the fine print.
- Check your transporter’s uShip profile for feedback. Here, you can see the carrier’s past performance, history, and experience. By checking their ratings, you can get a clear picture of the way they handled shipments in the past and their success with customers. After the transaction is complete, we encourage you to leave feedback and share your experience. This way, you can help future customers decide on a vehicle transporter. There’s no better way to thank your transporter for a job well done than by leaving a glowing feedback score and comment.
- Choose a car carrier. This decision is based on their ability to accommodate your time schedule, type of service they offer, insurance, price and credibility. Use common sense and follow the uShip terms and conditions when choosing a transporter for a comfortable and safe transaction.
WHY USE USHIP TO SHIP YOUR CAR
With uShip, you get your shipping quotes directly on site. We help you from beginning to end. You’re able to get shipping rates and do all of your research in one place. The transporters are competing for your business, lowering prices along the way and the uShip support team is available for assistance every step of the way. No emails from various carriers farmed out by a broker like A1 Auto Transport, or Montway. Avoid the brokers and save time and money with uShip!
Ready to Ship Your Car?Get Quotes Now
Related Car Shipping Guides
Less than five percent of cars that are transported report any damage from the process, but you should always try to protect yourself against any potential issues.
Yes, it is safe to ship your car. That said, the safety of your automobile depends on the transportation company you choose. You always want to be sure and do your research on the potential shipping companies.
The cheapest way to ship a car is with open transport. With open transport, carriers will pick up the vehicle and safely transport it to its delivery location.