From salvaged clunkers to rare collectibles, you can purchase any type of vehicle from a car auction, whether online or in-person. That said, when it comes to auto auction transport, it is important to choose a service provider that meets your unique shipping needs. For example, an inoperable vehicle would need a tow truck while an exotic car would require an enclosed single car hauler. For that reason, it’s best to hire a professional transporter that can steer you in the right direction.
Shipping Methods for Auctions
There are two essential types of auction car transport: open transport and enclosed transport. Each offers different advantages to meet your specific auto auction shipping needs.
Open transport is the cheapest option for transporting a vehicle bought from an auction. Due to the open-air nature of the shipping process, your car is susceptible to being damaged by road debris such as sticky tar, window-cracking rocks, and more. As a result, this option is best for lower-value vehicles or vehicles that you plan to fix up later down the road. If you choose this option, just make sure that you fully insure your vehicle prior to shipping.
Enclosed transport is the safest way to transport a vehicle from car auctions. This method uses closed trailers that typically only hold up to seven cars at a time. It is best for high-value luxury or classic cars that need special attention. That said, enclosed transport is also the most expensive option but worth the investment.
How Much Does Auto Auction Transport Cost?
Auto auction transport companies base the cost of shipping off many factors. Those factors include:
- Distance: The further your car needs to travel, the more expensive the price.
- Car Make and Model: Bulkier vehicles, such as large trucks, cost more to transport; keep this in mind when you are shopping around for quotes.
- Vehicle Condition: Typically, inoperable vehicles cost more to transport because they require additional equipment.
- Insurance: Additional insurance can increase the cost of shipping. It’s best to find a service provider that already has you covered.
- Season: Summer and winter tend to be the most expensive seasons to ship a car.
uShip offers free instant quotes from trusted auto auction transport service providers in just a few clicks. To get started, create a listing by stating the details of your specific car. From there, you will start to receive competitive quotes within seconds.
Ship your car with complete confidence by using uShip. We strive to provide quality auto shipping services at the best price. If you have any questions about shipping cars from auction houses, feel free to contact us.