Register and Start Bidding on Jobs Today!
Why uShip Fits Hot Shots
- uShip is a shipping marketplace with thousands of loads available right now
- Loads for Straight Trucks, Pick ups, Goosenecks, Fifth Wheel and Bumper Pulls
- Build a national reputation with feedback and grow your business
How uShip Helps Hot Shots
- Loaded back hauls – work with shippers to set up shipments on your back hauls
- Never deadhead – loads going into and out of all 48 states
- No monthly fees, no sign up fees, only a transaction fee
- Free loads emailed to you
uShip Tips for Hot Shotters
Dispatching from the road on uShip
Hot shot loads don’t leave you a lot of time to plan your back hauls, and you may end up running more deadhead miles than you’d like. However, today’s technology can help you plan backhauls through uShip even on the road.
If you don’t have a laptop, there is no excuse. Laptop prices have come down significantly in price; you can even buy some for $500 or less. You might consider buying a stand so it’s easier to look at, but be careful of thieves. Make sure you can easily detach and hide your laptop out of the way when not in the truck.
One of your best investments will be a wireless data card that works on the road. Wireless providers such as Verizon and T-mobile offer these services. Depending on your data needs they can rage from $20 to $80 a month. You can also buy an all-in-one printer, scanner, copier and fax machine so you can print out and fax Bills of Lading.
When you are on the road to your pick up is the perfect time to start planning your back haul. Search for shipments headed out of your drop off area, start asking questions, and by the time you’ve made your delivery you’ll have a loaded back haul ready to go!