Register and Start Bidding on Jobs Today!
Why uShip Fits Boat Haulers
- uShip is a shipping marketplace with thousands of boat hauls available right now
- Boat shipments listed by individuals and businesses
- Sail it or Haul it Loads
How uShip Helps Boat Haulers
- Loaded back hauls – Find boats hauls headed to your next pick up with QuickSearch
- Free leads emailed directly to you
- No monthly fees, no sign up fees, only a transaction fee
uShip Tips for Boat HaulersGetting ready
- Stow all gear, lock all the hatches
- Put the anchor in the truck, clear all lines and fenders
- Remove the battery, or make sure the selector is off and the batteries are secure
- Empty the bilge, tanks, hoses and clamps
- Check around for anything that moves or vibrates. Secure it tightly, even remove the windshield wipers and duct tape the wiper arms so they don’t scratch the glass.
Dealing with the motor
- Inboard/Outboard: Raise the motor all the way up, and either put it in gear, or remove the prop and grease the shaft
- Outboard: Raise the motor all the way up, and either put it in gear, or remove the prop and grease the shaft
- Inboard: Put it in gear
- If there is a “kicker” motor, place it in the truck
- Check the tires for cracks, dry rot, and air pressure.
- Grease the bearings, and check to see if the trailer has brakes
- Make sure all the bunks and rollers are in good shape. Ensure the boat is sitting properly on the trailer.
- Grease the hitch ball, and make sure the jack stays in the raised position.
- Check everything after the first few miles, or a bump stretch of road