Specialized cars are nostalgic works of art. They push the boundaries of traditional show-room cars with their perfectly tuned engines, sleek custom paint jobs, and hand-stitched upholstery. The attention to detail that goes into such a machine requires a transporter who is just as passionate about cars. That said, when shipping expensive custom vehicles, you will want to use a specialized car transport company.
Specialized car transport takes more than just your Average Joe with a truck and trailer. It takes a service provider that will go the extra mile to ensure that your car is safe at all times. They know exactly what to do in any situation should one come up. In addition, an expert custom car transporter uses professional equipment and makes frequent stops to check in on your precious vehicle.
Types of Specialized Cars
- Auto Auction Vehicles: Cars that are purchased from auto auctions, such as Mecum, are ideal for specialized transport.
- Classic Cars: Classic car shipping requires expert execution by professional transport companies.
- Antique Cars: Antique vehicles should only be transported by a service provider with many years of experience shipping rare cars.
- Exotic Cars: Sports cars, such as Ferraris, are perfect candidates for exotic car shipping services.
- Show Cars: When it comes to car show transport, only use trusted vehicle shipping companies.
- Vintage Race Cars: Replicas, NASCAR stock cars, and tributes should use specialized car transport.
- Luxury Cars: Only use professional luxury car transport companies for those one-of-kind vehicles.
- Video Production Vehicles: From camera cars to insert filming vehicles, uShip can get them where they need to go.
Specialized Vehicle Transport Options
Door to door vehicle transport is a fantastic option when it comes to custom car transport. Door to door transport is a service where carriers pick up and deliver your car as close to your preferred location as possible. In addition, door to door service also means that your vehicle stays on the same truck during transport.
Open car transport is the cheapest option to ship a specialized car. The open transport method uses multi-car haulers or single-car “hotshot” flatbed trailers to complete the job. That said, this option is very risky for high-end custom cars. If you plan on using this option, be sure to opt for a full-coverage insurance policy.
Enclosed car shipping is the best way to ship an exotic or specialized car. This option offers the most protection from road hazards such as pebbles and other road debris. Enclosed transport uses smaller trailers that are completely closed off from the open-air. Furthermore, if you are seeking a more personal experience, try using a service provider that will ship your specialized car in a single-car cargo trailer.
Custom Car Transport Carriers
When searching for specialty car transporters online, it’s important to dig deep. In other words, you will need to extensively research each and every service provider that you’re considering to ship your exotic car. Transporters claiming to be industry experts will have proof readily available for you to review.
An expert vehicle transporter will also have reviews and ratings of past shipments they have performed. Reviews and ratings allow you to see how a specific service provider operates. Check to see if they have any alarming negative comments regarding damages, late deliveries, and lack of insurance coverage. For more information, see our guide on how to choose a vehicle transporter.
Specialized Car Transport Cost
The cost to ship a specialized car depends on a number of factors, such as:
- Distance: The further a car has to travel, the higher the price.
- Vehicle make and model: The type of vehicle greatly increases the cost of exotic car transport.
- Auto transport method: As previously mentioned, enclosed auto transport is much more expensive than an open carrier.
- Time of year: Winter and summer are more expensive due to higher demand.
For a more detailed look at what it would cost to ship your specific vehicle, create a listing on uShip. From there, you will receive multiple competitive quotes within minutes.
uShip is an online shipping marketplace that connects you with experienced custom car carriers. Get peace of mind by reviewing feedback rated shippers all in one place. If you have any questions about specialized car shipping, please contact us.