Shipping a Car to Another State
Learn how to ship your car to another state and get instant quotes
How to Transport Your Car to Another State
Whether you have just bought a new car from across state lines, or you’re moving and need a hand getting your car there, you have a couple of options. You can either drive it there or ship it with a professional car shipping company. When working with a transport company, you’ll want to be sure you’re working with a reliable service.
Instead of researching, calling around, searching for ratings and reviews, and getting pricing only to have your inbox and voice mail, use uShip to find the best company to meet your car shipping needs. Carriers on uShip each have a profile that gives you the information you need: customer-rated feedback, reviews on previously completed shipments, and more information provided by the company themselves.
Not only can you find everything you need to know about the carriers, but with uShip, you get the lowest quotes possible. The carriers are competing for your work with their quotes, ensuring you get the best services at their best shipping rates. uShip also offers secure payments, our Ship with Confidence Guarantee, uShip Cargo Insurance, and expert support throughout your shipment. uShip is your one-stop-shop for all your shipping needs. Find out more about shipping cars through uShip at our vehicles page.
How Much Does it Cost to Ship a Car to Another State?
The cost to ship a car to another state is dependent on several factors, including:
- Shipping Distance:: The farther your car is being transported, the more time and fuel the carrier is spending, therefore the more it will cost.
- Vehicle Size: The larger the vehicle, the heavier the load. Carriers need to stay under a certain weight, so an SUV may cost a little more than a sedan to transport.
- Vehicle Condition: If the vehicle does not run, it will cost you more to transport as the carrier will not be able to simply drive it on and off ramps.
- Type of Transport: There are two common ways to transport your vehicle, open and enclosed transport. Enclosed transport costs a bit more than open transport, but provides more security.
- Seasonal Fluctuations: Summer is the most common time to ship your car, which can save you money by sharing a trailer with more vehicles. The winter also brings snow and storms that can delay your shipment.
You can get an idea of what it might cost to ship your car with uShip’s cost to ship a car index.
Why Ship a Car Instead of Driving It?
While driving a car to another state might be cheaper in some instances, it is likely not the most cost-effective method. There are a lot of good reasons to consider shipping a car to another state instead, including:
- Less Stress on You and The Vehicle: Save your vehicle from the wear and tear of the road, and save your nerves as well.
- It’s a Safer Option: Your vehicle is protected when it’s on a car carrier, even by insurance in a worst-case scenario.
- You can Move Multiple Cars: If you need to move more than one car, or if you want to save money by having the carrier haul multiple cars, shipping your car via professional car shipping service is a perfect solution.
Things to Keep in Mind When Shipping Your Car from One State to Another
The most important thing to keep in mind when shipping your car is the car’s safety. Your carrier can help you with some tips, but you can do a lot to prepare your car for shipping. While the vehicle will only be driven minimally (on and off the ramp), it’s important to minimize the risk of damages.
Be aware of any documents your carrier may need while transporting your vehicle to a new state. While you may not need any paperwork, some documents you might need include:
- A Copy of Your Driver License
- Car Registration and Title
- Proof of Insurance
A Copy of Your Driver License
uShip State-to-State Car Shipping Reviews
Ready to Ship Your Car to Another State?Get Quotes
Related Car Shipping Guides
Individual international car shipping is growing rapidly due to the web connecting buyers and sellers from across the globe. However, moving a car overseas can be a lot more complicated than a simple domestic move.
You could be moving to a new state, or maybe you found our perfect vehicle on the other side of the country, no matter what the reason, uShip can help you find the perfect carrier to ship your vehicle across the country to its destination.
You might not know what to expect when shipping a car, especially when it comes to the time-frame that spans from initial pick-up to delivery at its destination. So, how long does it take to ship a car cross country?