How to Ship a TV With uShip
Shipping a TV takes a transporter with care, reliability, and experience. It’s not just about how you ship a TV, it’s also about who moves it. Let uShip help you find the perfect company for the job. We will help you get rates from transporters who specialize in shipping televisions and give you some tips along the way. If you get lost along the way, let us know and we’ll get you back on the road to your TV delivery.
uShip’s online transportation marketplace offers a unique alternative that can save you time and money. It’s hands down the best and cheapest way to ship any type of TV. When you list your TV shipping needs on uShip, an extensive network of television and electronics moving companies place competitive shipping quotes to try to win your business. Talk to the transporters directly, review their carrier profiles, then choose the quote that fits your needs.
Are you a business looking for a shipping solution for your online store? Skip to our business section.
How Much Does it Cost to Ship a TV?
The average price to ship a TV within North America is $2.57 per mile for shipments under 100 miles and $0.34 per mile for shipments under 1000 miles. This price is dependent on a lot of details, including: dimensions and weight of your TV, service type, distance, and timeframe. For a better idea of what your TV shipping could cost, check out our cost to ship household goods page. You’ll find television shipments completed through the uShip marketplace and get a better idea of how we work.
How to Package a TV for Shipping
A safe television shipment starts with proper packing. To package a TV for shipping you will need the following:
- A Cardboard Box: You will need a box that is slightly larger than your TV.
- Plastic Storage Bags: Cables, screws, and remotes should be stored in resealable plastic bags.
- Bubble Wrap: Bubble Wrap will offer the most protection when shipping a television.
- Packing Material or Peanuts: Any packaging material will do such as newspaper or even old clothes.
- Packing Tape: Use clear packing tape to secure the box.
- Marker: A black sharpie or any type of felt marker will work.
- Zip Ties or Rubber Bands: Zip ties or rubber bands should be used to secure wrapped cables to avoid tangling.
Once you have gathered your supplies, follow these simple TV packing steps:
- Build Your Box: If your box is new, you will need to assemble it with tape. If the box is used, you will want to replace the tape to ensure maximum protection.
- Pack Cables and Accessories: Remove all cables and accessories from your TV. Roll all cables and use zip ties or rubber bands to secure them. Place the cables, remotes, and anything else that can easily be lost in resealable plastic bags. Use a marker to label the bag.
- Remove Stand: If your TV has a stand, remove it and wrap it in bubble wrap. Secure the bubble wrap with tape.
- Clean the TV Screen: Use a dry towel and gently remove any dust or any material that may cause scratching.
- Pack TV: Completely wrap your television in bubble wrap and secure it with tape. Place your TV in the box along with the stand.
- Fill With Packing Material: Use packing peanuts, newspaper, or old clothes to fill any gaps inside the box. This will keep the TV from moving while being transported. Lastly, place any packed plastic bags inside the box.
- Tape the Box: Tape the box shut with packing tape. Make sure to use enough tape to create a tight bond.
- Label the Box: Finally, label your box. You will want to write that the box contains a TV and is ‘fragile’. In addition, mark which side is the top.
Properly packing a TV for shipping can save a lot of money. However, things can still go wrong. It is always best to insure your TV before you ship it.
How to Insure Your TV Shipping
When you’re reviewing carrier profiles, be sure to check insurance coverage. Some TV shipping companies are prevented by their insurance providers from covering certain electronics. If the TV transporter you choose to work with is unable to insure your TV, you should check with your homeowners insurance policy or buy spot coverage for the trip. You can also purchase additional cargo insurance through uShip.
Online Furniture Business: In-Home Delivery
1 in 3 Americans are more likely to buy oversized items online today vs. five years ago. So, how do you keep up with the likes of Amazon and Wayfair? Safe, secure, in-home delivery provides the experience your customers have come to expect.
For furniture retailers of any size, uShip’s In-Home Delivery solution provides first-to-final mile delivery (as opposed to final-mile delivery) of large items at competitive prices. More than just competitive prices, uShip’s In-Home Delivery business shipping solution provides a suite of valuable benefits that elevate the buyer experience, from the critical purchase consideration point online to delivery into the room-of-choice.
uShip In-Home Delivery is a suite of logistics technology tools that reduce your shipping costs and increase your sales. We build instant shipping rates right into your checkout, give you access to a curated network of mobile-enabled, feedback-rated carriers, and offer managed services so you can focus on your business, not shipping. Find out how uShip can help your business: