Get on the road to your next adventure with these helpful moving tips from uShip.
Intrastate (local) moving tips:
- Ask the company to provide an estimate on how long your move will take since these moves are generally priced at an hourly rate.
- Make sure that your quote includes any extra fees such as fuel surcharges, or a larger truck.
- Visit the facilities of any moving company you choose to help make a decision about the company. If they refuse to show you, think twice about hiring them.
Long distance moving service tips:
- Verify your household mover is licensed by the FMCSA for interstate transportation of household goods.
- Check that they have proper cargo insurance to carry your possessions.
- Request information on their dispute settlement program, which they are legally required to supply.
International moving service tips:
- Have your goods professionally packed.
- Sell, store, or donate appliances that will not work in your new country.
- For insurance purposes, create a detailed inventory of the value of your goods.
Find Reliable Moving Companies on uShip
No matter where life takes you, uShip can help you find reliable house hold shipping companies that will take care of your belongings as if they were their own. We’re the first online shipping market place with almost two decades of experience helping shippers find carriers to help them get the job done. List your shipment for free today and compare quotes from multiple carriers today!