Shipping a couch takes a decent amount of planning, and being an over-sized piece of furniture, it can be a hassle to arrange transport. uShip makes it easy to ship a couch. We bring the movers to you. They provide you shipping quotes as they compete for your business. This ensures you get the best companies with their best rates on your couch shipment.
How Do you Ship a Couch with uShip?
With uShip, you can move just one single item, no matter the size. You have the option of shipping it individually or you can move it through an LTL service. Shipping a couch with uShip is simple and can be done in a few easy steps:
- Have the measurements and weight of your couch
- Take photos of the couch
- Create your shipment listing
- Receive quotes from experienced shipping companies
- Review and select your carrier
- Communicate directly with your carrier to complete your shipment
To find out how much it costs to ship a couch, check out uShip’s cost to ship furniture page.
Tips to Ship a Couch
While the carrier will do their part to keep your couch safe during transport, there are a few things you can do to help. To minimize the chances that the couch might be damaged during transport, there are some tips you may want to follow:
- Make sure your couch is clean
- Remove cushions and slipcovers, and package these separately
- Take off removable parts (legs, for example)
- Use a couch cover to protect the upholstery from dust and other particles
- Make sure the couch is packed securely and there are no loose items
You can find more helpful tips on how to ship a couch in uShip’s guides.
With uShip, you’re in control. We help you find the best rates and the best transporters when you need to ship a couch or other large pieces of furniture.