How to Move and Ship Tables
Before you move and ship tables, you need to properly prepare them for transport. You should examine the table to see how it is assembled and how to take it apart. Disassemble the table, then properly protect and package your table pieces for shipping.
PREPARE FOR TABLE SHIPPING
- Remove the legs and leaves.
- Place all hardware in a labeled plastic bag, and tape securely to the underside of the table.
- Apply wax to all wood surfaces to protect from scratching.
- Wrap all pieces in furniture pads or bubble wrap.
- Crate the pieces in a sturdy box and fill all extra space with packaging peanuts or other padding.
TIPS FOR ASSEMBLED TABLE SHIPPING
- Lift the table by the apron, not legs or a leaf.
- Wrap furniture moving pads around the legs, to avoid dents and dings.
- If your table has leaves, fold them down and secure before shipping the table.
- Avoid pressure on hinges, screws, or glued seams.
Need to transport a table?Get Quotes Now
It’s becoming more common to buy and sell single pieces of furniture online, and it seems like that trend is here to stay.
Furniture can be heavy and difficult to move. If you choose to ship your furniture as freight, your carrier will not deliver your furniture inside your home. Instead, your furniture will be shipped curb-to-curb.
Large chest or cabinet style pieces can be disassembled to make them easier to ship. Remember to protect corners, shelves, and doors from breaking, as these types of furniture have fragile joints.