SELLING A BOAT ON EBAY MOTORS: STEP BY STEP
If you need to sell a boat look no further. eBay Motors makes it easy. Its simple to use marketplace allows you to post your vessel for sale in front of a national audience. From pontoons to yachts, here is how to sell a boat on eBay:
1| CREATE A SELLER ACCOUNT
Creating an account to sell your boat is very easy. The process should take only a few minutes. Make sure you have basic information ready such as your email address, payment information (for seller fees), and your address. After you have created your account to sell your boat on eBay, you will need to collect information about your vessel.
2| GATHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR BOAT
You will need to know basic information about your boat before you can post it. The information you need to gather before selling a boat on eBay is:
- Condition: For used boats, perform a thorough inspection and record anything wrong with your vessel.
- Year, make and model: Locating the year, make, and model is important to list your boat.
- Length: Measuring your boat is crucial for when the time comes to ship it to the buyer.
- Hull Material: What is the boat’s hull made out of? It is best to check your boat owner’s manual to find out.
- Use: You will need to find out if your boat is primarily for freshwater or saltwater.
- Engine details: eBay Motors will ask you for the engine make, model, fuel type, and engine type.
- Additional features: Think about if your boat has any aftermarket features. For example, upgraded marine electronics or custom seats.
3| LIST YOUR BOAT
Since you have already collected all the necessary information about your vessel, posting your boat to eBay Motors will be a breeze. The only thing to do at this point is to think of a catchy title for your boat listing. Then, make sure to take plenty of pictures. If the buyer is unable to physically see your boat, you will want to paint a full picture.
4| COMPLETE THE SALE
Once your eBay Motors auction ends, the buyer will need to make payment. eBay Motors boat payments can be made by PayPal, credit or debit card, cash at pick up, or by electronic checks. The safest way for your buyer to pay for the vessel is PayPal. After payment has been made, you will want to prepare your boat for shipping.
DOES EBAY MOTORS SHIP BOATS?
eBay Motors does not offer a way to ship boats. Typically it is the buyer’s responsibility to arrange shipping. If you are selling the boat locally, the buyer can pick the vessel up on their own. However, if the boat needs to go out of state, your buyer will need to use uShip’s boat shipping services.
uShip is an online marketplace that connects shippers to professional boat transporters. All your buyer has to do it create a listing. From there, they will receive multiple quotes from qualified carriers to haul their new vessel.