Preparing Furniture for Transport
Furniture is heavy and difficult to move without professional movers. When you prepare furniture for transport, you can protect against damages and make carrying furniture easier.
SUPPLIES NEEDED TO PREPARE FURNITURE FOR TRANSPORT:
- Basic tools for disassembling furniture
- Plastic trash bags
- Cardboard boxes
- Masking tape
- If you can disassemble furniture, do so.
- Keep screws and small pieces in a plastic bag taped to the specific piece of furniture.
- Drawers should be removed. Your best bet is to clean out the contents and pack the empty drawers. If you want to keep the drawer’s contents in place, just put the entire drawer inside a plastic trash bag. Tie the bag tightly and label it properly.
- Remove furniture legs, if possible. Wrap each leg individually in plain newsprint, then keep the legs with the piece in a properly labeled bag or box.
- Protect furniture corners with bubble wrap and a cardboard corner cut from an extra box. Tape the corner to the piece with masking tape.
- Use furniture pads to prevent scratches and rips.
- Place any throw pillows or covers in plastic bags to keep them clean.
Need to move your furniture?Get Quotes Now
It’s becoming more common to buy and sell single pieces of furniture online, and it seems like that trend is here to stay.
Furniture can be heavy and difficult to move. If you choose to ship your furniture as freight, your carrier will not deliver your furniture inside your home. Instead, your furniture will be shipped curb-to-curb.
Before you move and ship tables, you need to properly prepare them for transport.