Sell A MOTORCYCLE ON EBAY MOTORS
If you are serious about selling your motorcycle, eBay Motors is the place to do it. Its online marketplace connects you to millions of potential buyers. To get started, all you have to do is sign up and create a free listing. That said, selling a motorcycle on eBay Motors can be challenging if you are not familiar with the process. Don’t worry, this guide will walk you through each step and clear up any confusion that you may have.
How to Sell a Motorcycle on eBay Motors: Step by Step
1| REGISTER AS AN EBAY SELLER
You will want to create a free account if you do not already have one. Once you have registered you will need to sign up for a seller account as well. The process is simple and should take under 10 minutes.
3| COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR BIKE
You will want to collect basic information about your bike before posting it to the eBay marketplace. The information you will want to collect is:
- Condition: Perform a full inspection of the bike. Write down both cosmetic and mechanical issues that buyers will need to be aware of.
- Photos: Since most potential buyers won’t be able to physically see the bike, be sure to take plenty of pictures.
- VIN: The VIN is a string of 17 characters that act as a historical fingerprint. It reveals the make, model, year, and other important information about the motorcycle.
- Year, make, and model: Confirm that the VIN matches this information.
- Title: Ensure that you have a clear title in hand.
- Engine size: Find out how many CCs your motorcycle’s engine is.
- Value:: It is important to know the value of your bike in order to appropriately price your motorcycle on eBay Motors.
3| POST YOUR MOTORCYCLE TO EBAY MOTORS
When creating your listing, be as detailed as possible. Inform buyers of any issues with the bike. Use the information that you collected in the previous step to describe your bike in full. Being transparent allows potential buyers to know exactly what they are getting.
4| COMPLETE THE SALE
After a buyer commits to your bike, make sure that you are both on the same page. For example, you should both agree on the payment terms, a return policy, and shipping. Also, never ask the buyer to take the transaction off eBay nor allow them to mail you a cash payment.
DOES EBAY SHIP MOTORCYCLES?
eBay does not ship motorcycles. The buyer is mostly responsible for arranging the bike to be shipped. However, it is beneficial to guide them in the right direction. If you end up selling the bike locally, then it would be easiest to have them pick it up directly from you.
f the bike was sold to someone across state lines you should suggest uShip’s shipping services as it saves time and money. uShip is an online platform that connects transport companies with shippers. All your buyer has to do is create a listing. As a result, they will receive free quotes from professional motorcycle transporters.
Ready to Ship?Get Quotes
When shipping a motorcycle, it will not be covered by your personal policy. In order to protect against damage or loss, your motorcycle shipping company should offer a minimum amount of insurance.
Before your motorcycle movers arrive for pick up, you should prepare your motorcycle for transport.
Most motorcycle transporters let you choose from either an open trailer or an enclosed trailer. Here's how to choose.
September 20, 2019