COST TO SHIP A MOTORCYCLE ACROSS COUNTRY
On average, the cost to ship a motorcycle across the country is between $350 and $600 for distances over 1000 miles. For shorter shipments, the cost is about $180 to $300, and for coast to coast motorcycle shipping, the cost will average between $700 and $1,200, depending on your needs for the shipment. Check out these actual prices for cross country motorcycle shipments from uShip’s cost to ship index:
- Cleveland, OH to Seattle, WA: $600
- Brooklyn, NY to Dallas, TX: $600
- Daytona Beach, FL to Philadelphia, PA: $375
- San Francisco, CA to Marietta, GA: $800
All of these prices are dependant on a few factors. Some factors that can affect the cost of shipping a motorcycle across the country include:
- Distance:: The farther your motorcycle travels, the cost will be higher based on fuel and wear and tear to the truck it’s on.
- Size and Weight: The larger and heavier your motorcycle is, the more room it will take up in the truck. Carriers typically save you money by hauling more than one bike at a time.
- Location (for delivery and pickup): If you live in a rural area, chances are your cost may be a little higher as it’s less likely the carrier can pick up or deliver another shipment in the area and may have to dead-head to the next location.
HOW TO SHIP A MOTORCYCLE ACROSS THE COUNTRY
uShip makes it easy to get pricing and ship your motorcycle across the country. Simply create a shipment listing detailing your shipping needs, the make and model of your motorcycle, and any additional information you want the shipping companies to take into consideration. Once you’ve done this, you will start receiving quotes from carriers as they compete for your business. Review their uShip carrier profile to see their customer-rated feedback, previous shipments completed on uShip, and their company information to make sure they’re the right carrier for the job. When you have found a carrier and a quote that works for you, accept the quote and you’re on your way to your motorcycle delivery.
BENEFITS OF SHIPPING YOUR MOTORCYCLE WITH USHIP
While there are a lot of services to transport a motorcycle across the country, uShip provides several advantages. These include:
- Quotes that come to you
- Ship with Confidence Guarantee
- Easily Purchase uShip Cargo Insurance
- Expert Support Throughout Your Shipment
- Secure Payments
- One Stop Shop For All You Shipping Needs
With uShip, you’re in control. Avoid unnecessary emails and phone calls from brokers, and save time and money with uShip.
Ready to Ship?Get Quotes
When shipping a motorcycle, it will not be covered by your personal policy. In order to protect against damage or loss, your motorcycle shipping company should offer a minimum amount of insurance.
Before your motorcycle movers arrive for pick up, you should prepare your motorcycle for transport.
Most motorcycle transporters let you choose from either an open trailer or an enclosed trailer. Here's how to choose.
April 30, 2019