What does it cost?
When booking a quote, you'll be given the option to buy full value coverage for your shipment.
Keep in mind that you will be responsible to pay a
based on the commodity being shipped:
- $750 for all items valued at $15,000 and higher
- $500 for cars, boats, motorcycles, household goods & personal effects, artwork & antiques, and "used" goods valued under $15,000
- $250 for items listed under all other categories valued under $15,000
Who determines the valuation of the item(s)?
Should a claim be issued, the final valuation of the item is determined by the insurance adjuster. uShip strongly recommends you have ample documentation (appraisals, photos, receipts, bills of lading, etc.) to provide to the insurance company during the valuation process.
What is NOT covered?
There are some countries and territories where the policy does not apply. (Although listed below are the most prominent exclusions, it is important to note that the policy will provide the full scope of coverage and restrictions and is made available for your review.):
How do I file a claim?
All claims must be filed within 7 days of delivery to the final destination. In order to file a claim you must provide the following:
- Photos of the item(s) from before the shipment is picked up and photos of the damage
- Copy of the Bill of Lading you receive from the service provider noting all damages
- For household goods shipments only, an inventory of all items in the shipment along with the value of the items
- Repair estimate (if available)
- Appraisal of the item prior to shipment (if available)
To begin the claims process, go to
Dashboard and click on the ‘File an Insurance Claim’ button on the shipment for which you need to file a claim.
*Please note: failure to provide the above supporting documents may lead to a delay in the claims process or denial of your claim.