Register and Start Bidding on Jobs Today!
Why uShip Fits Specialty Movers
- uShip is a shipping marketplace with thousands of moves and shipments
- Find pianos, art, antiques, pool tables and other specialty moves
- Build a National Reputation – After each transaction shippers leave you feedback, letting other potential shippers know about your great service.
How uShip Helps Specialty Movers
- Loaded backhauls – Find loads headed to your next pick up with QuickSearch
- Quickly build trips – Book loads instantly through the ‘Book It Now’ Feature
- Free loads emailed to you
- No monthly fees, no sign up fees, only a transaction fee
uShip Tips for Specialty MoversIf you haven’t moved a lot pianos of before, here are a few tips:
- Make sure the piano is easily accessible from all sides.
- Be certain there are no obstacles in the way the piano is moving.
- Lock and lower the lid before moving.
- If you are moving an upright piano make sure to have one person on each end of the piano
- If you are moving a grand piano, put at least one person at each leg.
- Always move the piano endways, not sideways.
- Lift with your knees when moving the piano to avoid back strain.
- Only move the piano a few inches at a time and avoid straining the legs.
- Don’t lift the piano off the floor; only lift it enough to reduce some of the weight on the casters.
- Lift the piano over bumps one leg at a time.