Find a shipment for your truck? Now it’s time to place a quote to try to win the job. Remember to thoroughly review the listing before placing your first quote.
- View shipment details – Every listing contains information like route, time-frame, weight, and dimensions. Review these details to make sure this is a shipment you can service.
- Ask questions – If you need more information in order to place an accurate quote, click Ask a Question on the listing, and type your question in the open
Once you’ve reviewed the shipment details and cleared up any questions with the shipping customer, it’s time to place your quote.
- From the listing, click Place Quote or scroll all the way down to the Quote Form.
- Enter the amount you’d like to earn in the Starting quote field. To the right, in the Total Quote fields, we’ll automatically calculate your fees into the quote, and show you the total amount the customer will see. To avoid confusion, reference this total quote price when communicating with customers. To enter a total quote amount with fees already included, un-check the Add uShip fee box below your quote.
- Quote competitively by also entering the minimum amount you’re willing to earn in the Lowest quote field. If you take this optional step, we’ll automatically under-quote other service providers for you until your lowest price is reached. We’ll also automatically lower your price and re-quote on your behalf if a customer declines. This feature is especially useful when you’re on the road.
- Complete the remaining sections of the quote form to provide important details regarding your quote such as the service type, time frame, payment terms, etc..
Click Place Quote to submit your price. We’ll automatically notify the shipping customer, who may then ask you questions through the questions and answers section of your quote, and choose to either accept or decline your quote.
If you quote is accepted, we’ll send you a Booking Confirmation email with direct contact information for the shipping customer, as well as pickup and delivery locations. Good luck!