We have included a list of some good questions to ask a Service Provider prior to accepting a bid:
- What licensure/insurance do you have? (Depending on the country and/or state, a carrier may have to have a special license to transport ANY goods for hire.)
- What does your insurance cover? What will happen if my goods become lost or damaged in shipment?
- What is the delivery schedule for my shipment? (A long delivery schedule may indicate a lack of efficiency.)
- What is your on-time delivery rate?
- What is your damage-claims ratio? (This is the percentage of revenue paid out as claims for damaged goods. Some experts suggest an average in the industry is about 1.25%.)
- What level of tracking service is available while my goods are in transit?
- What are your requirements for the packing, loading, and unloading of my shipment?