Below are some good questions to ask a horse hauler prior to accepting a bid:
- Do you have mover insurance? What happens if there is an accident?
- Do you have the required permits and licenses as a animal hauler?
- What is the schedule for my horse's journey and travel? Will you drive straight through, or will there be a layover in another location?
- How large is the trailer you're using? How many horses will be traveling in the same trailer?
- Who will be looking after my horse during its travel?
- Does the driver have a cell phone?
- What information should I provide for my horse's journey -- health certificates, hay, feed, halter, lead rope, shavings?
- What is your refund/cancellation policy?
- Is there hay and water in front of the horses at all times?