Open Transport Service
Credit Card, PayPal, uShip Payments
Service Provider will pick up within 7 days of booking.
Service Provider will deliver within 7 days of pickup.
Open Transport Service
Mode of Transport:
Direct contact with Truck Driver at any time
No additional information
UNITED ROAD AND UNITED ROAD SERVICES INC's Terms and Conditions
By accepting this bid you are agreeing to this Service Provider's Terms and Conditions.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) The consignee/ customer is the legal registered owner of the vehicle(s) and has the authority to enter into this agreement or has been duly authorized by the legal owner of the vehicle(s) to enter into this agreement.
2) The customer and or the shipper shall prepare the vehicle(s) for transport, by removing or properly securing all batteries, loose parts, fragile or protruding accessories (luggage rack assemblies and or cross members not factory installed), low hanging spoilers ( aftermarket kits) and any other similar items. The customer/shipper shall disarm any alarm system and provide United Road Logistics with any tools or keys necessary to disarm the system if necessary. The customer/ shipper will indemnify and release United Road Logistics’ of any damage to the alarm system in the event the system becomes active during transport and must be disarmed by any means. Personal items are not covered under theses terms and conditions, they are the sole responsibility of the customer/shipper. The customer/shipper release United Road Logistics’ from any claims for damages that are caused by the customer/shipper’s failure to fulfill these obligations.
3) The customer/shipper or his agent, who has been identified in writing or by other means, shall be present at the appointed time of pick and or delivery.
4) All delivery dates and times are only estimates and maybe subject to change without notice and due to dependant factors of transport (i.e. traffic, Acts of God, mechanical events and force majeure or any other particular event and will not be responsible for any loss and or damage resulting from any delay. No express or implied warranties are made with respect to delivery times or dates.
5) The customer shipper authorizes United Road Logistics and it partners, agent and sub-contactors to drive, park, store and or transport the vehicles in any manner necessary to fulfill its obligation under this agreement. United Road Logistics and partners will make every attempt at door to door service in the event that the transporter size may not; an agreeable location will be pre- determined by the transporter and the consignee. The customer shall maintain insurance on the vehicle and extend. To United Road Logistics and will keep in force such insurance until the transport is complete.
6) In no event shall United Road Logistics, it partners, sub-contractors, agents an employees be liable for any damages to vehicles, actually transported and only to the extent such damages were caused by United Road Logistics and it partners gross negligence or intentional conduct. The customer specifically agrees and herby waives any other claims against United Road Logistics and its partners including but not limited to minor damages such as scratches, chips, dents and dings that are associated with normal road conditions and wear and tear; damages caused by leaking fluids/battery acid/cooling system anti-freeze solution or industrial fall out. Mechanical malfunctions, exhaust assembly (past 2 years model age) frame alignment, tire damage suspension, glass damage from normal road conditions (chips and or cracks not associated with transporter negligence). Damage caused by overloading or inoperative vehicles with deficient and or non running systems. Damage caused by tie downs that break or tear due to a vehicles age or condition. Damage that is undetectable due to the dirty condition or weather at the time of pick up. Or damage caused by acts of God or a force majeure event. Additionally, United Road logistics will not provide reimbursement for consequential damages that arise from a claim, i.e. auto rental, lost time and or wages.
7) The Consignee and or his authorized representative shall identify any damage to any vehicle(s) by noting the damage on the Bill of Lading received by the consignee at the time of delivery. Once the bill of lading is signed the consignee/customer release’s United Road Logistics and is partners from any claims that arise. Documented damage claims must be presented to United Road Logistics with in 5 days from date delivery. The consignee/customer waives any damage claims that are not noted on the Bill of Lading or for which the customer has not submitted a timely written claim. In the event an independent inspection is not preformed by a separate and outside agency, the carrier’s inspection shall take precedence. United Road Logistics and its partners shall not be liable directly, in subrogation, or by assignment to Customers insurance company for any claims paid by the Company. In no event shall United Road Logistics and its partners be liable for incidental, indirect or consequential damages.
8) Any deposit made by the customer shall be retained by United Road Logistics based the completion of transport of the vehicle unless otherwise cancelled by the customer. If United Road Logistics is unable to assign the vehicle for transport with in 20 days the entire amount shall be refunded to the customer upon customer’s request to cancel with United Road Logistics. In the event a carrier has been assigned to transport the full deposit may be retained and considered errand by United Road Logistics. Customer may additionally cancel this agreement at any time prior to the 20 days after the vehicle ready date. In such an event a cancellation charge of $ 150.00 shall be deducted from the deposit and the remaining balance of the deposit shall be refunded to the customer.
9) The entire amount of transport charge is due and payable without a discount upon tender of the vehicle(s) regardless of loss of, or damage to, the vehicle(s) at any stage of transport. An additional charge of $ 250.00 will be assesed if the vehicle becomes inoperative for any reason during the course and scope of transport. An oversized vehicle fee of $ 300.00 will be imposed unless such vehicle has been pre-approved and disclosed prior to transport.
10) The customer and/or its agent are jointly and severally liable for any and all unpaid charges including, but not limited to sums advanced or disbursed by United Road Logistics’ and its partners and any and all cost of collection, including costs and reasonable attorney fee’. Unless the order has been prepaid or United Road Logistics has otherwise agreed in writing. The Customer/Consignee shall pay ALL COD amounts including any additional charges in Cash or Certified funds. United Road Logistics will have a lien on the vehicle(s) for any charges that remain unpaid and any such lien will survive the delivery of the vehicle.
11) Customer shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless United Road and its partners and agents from any cost, expense damage, loss and claim including any third party property or personal injury claim arising out of or related to Customers/Consignee breach of any warranty or obligation hereunder.
12) Performance under this contract shall be excused to the extent such performance is prevented by force majeure. The term “Force Majeure” shall include acts of God, or the elements, acts of public enemy, acts of terrorism, riots, strikes, labor disputes, fires, explosions, floods, and act of civil or military authorities or any causes being the reasonable control of the party declaring the force majeure events. Such excuse from performance shall continue until the force majeure event ceases to exist.
13) The provisions of this agreement are severable and the invalidity of any provisions here in shall not affect the enforceability of the remaining provisions which shall remain in full force and effect. This agreement supersedes all written and oral agreements between United Road logistics and the customer and may not be changed except when in writing by an officer of United Road Logistics’.
This agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Michigan. The parties agree that any legal action arising out of this agreement shall be filed in a court of competent jurisdiction within Wayne County, MI. The customer hereby submits to the jurisdiction of such courts and waives any and all defenses based on lack of personal jurisdiction
There are no questions for this bid.