Jeff: Don here from Bicentennial Transport up in NH. We are safe and reliable - we've been specializing in the ENCLOSED transport of antique cars, speciality vehicles, and bikes, for over 40 years. It is just my family, and my father and I are the only two drivers, and the only one's who will handle your bike at all times. We are in CA this weekend, picking up in Arizona on Monday most likely. Your $500 target is a bit low based on current rates, fuel costs, etc., but if you had any interest in meeting in York PA, where I already have a scheduled delivery, I can probably get very close to the target. Please let me know, and thanks. Don - 76Transport
Hi Don, thanks for the note, I have a quote of $500 already and looking to save money since I'm very flexible on timing and a shipper have extra room. I could meet in York PA but for $500 I may as well have it delivered direct. What rate did you have in mind?
Jeff: I understand - if you already have a quote, that probably makes more sense for you. We would normally get $600, and as I said, maybe I could do the $500 to York, but that doesn't really help you in any way. If anything should change on your end, we'll be in AZ either Sunday or Monday, so feel free to get back in touch. Best regards. Don - 76Transport6/28/2012
Thanks Don. After looking at your profile I'm a bit more comfortable with your service. So willing to entertain driving to York for pick up or perhaps you could deliver to Kennett Sq. What would be your best rates for both options?6/28/2012
Jeff: OK. There is usually a trade off between rock bottom pricing and great service! We are not perfect, but we are honest and reliable, and we do what we say we will. The $500 is really my lowest, and that would have to be in York - it is costly to bring the tractor trailer off route - both in fuel and time. Once we find a place to park, get the liftgate door opened, etc. its nice to do two at once! Also, it would add more than a $100 to go near Philly, and then we either have to back track, or deal with insane tolls to go home via NJ and NY. I would think that York would be the best bet, we'll match the other bid, and you are working with a reputable family company. The only other requirement is help to load and unload the bike. With the lift gate, it rolls on flat, and then into the trailer, but my father is 67 years old, and I like to make sure someone can be there to assist. Let me know if we are still on the same page. I'll await your response. Don - 76Transport6/28/2012
Thanks DOn. When is your ETA in York?6/28/2012
I'd say the window would be next Fri-Sun, July 6-8th. Of course there are thousands of miles, and a half a dozen pick ups and deliveries, so there are many variables, but thats my best guess right now. Don6/28/2012
Thanks Don. Would be better for me if after July 8 but can make it work. The bike will be ready to pick up on Monday July 2 (don't think dealer is open on Sun). I'm thinking I want to use your service. How do we proceed?
Jeff Hi Don. I had to relist my shipment as time ran , do you have an update? I'm flexible so let me know ASAP. I hope you can fit me in. Thanks Jeff6/29/2012
Jeff: I'll be back in touch over the weekend - we won't be in AZ until Monday anyway. I've since booked other cars and bikes, and space has become limited. I think there is a 50% chance of fitting it at this point, so if you decide to go another route in the meantime I understand. Otherwise, if you want to wait on us, I'll comunicate in the next day or two with our availability and a formal bid. Thanks. Don 6/29/2012
Thanks Don. Let me know as soon as you can. I'm not in any rush but my other carrier can't do it now. So you're my guy if you have space. thanks Don, do you have an update? I'm flexible so let me know ASAP. I hope you can fit me in.
Pick up location name and address is:
Chandler, AZ 85226
[phone number removed]
Contact is: Kevin Naegele
[phone number removed] 6/29/2012
Jeff - sorry, but we did fill up. Don
That's disappointing. My other shipper backed out as well. This shipping stuff is a bummer. Let me know if anything changes.7/2/2012