uShip Community – Rules and Guidelines
There are several areas of the uShip site where members have the opportunity to ask and answer questions, tell the community about themselves and share general knowledge. This includes member profiles, shipment listings, status updates, Q&A Boards, Get Satisfaction, the uShip Blog and the Community page. Using these channels can be fun, informational, and a great way to discuss relevant topics with other uShip members. Individuals can join the discussion to receive support from the uShip Member Support Team, talk about uShip best practices for both shipping and transporting, and to meet new friends. In order for the boards to be a safe environment for all of our members, it is important that participants follow all of the “Rules and Guidelines” for use. If you feel that another member is in violation of one of these rules, you should report this member by clicking on the white flag above their post, or reporting the information as inappropriate within Get Satisfaction. All content that is reported will be reviewed by uShip staff to determine if it is appropriate to be posted on the site.
As a general guide, courteous and respectful postings are expected from all participants!
Messages posted by uShip community members are solely the opinion and responsibility of the person posting the message.
RULES AND GUIDELINES:
The following rules, if not followed, are grounds for immediate post removal, forum sanction and/or suspension of your uShip account. Determination of such a violation is at the sole discretion of uShip.
- Violating any applicable local, state, national or international law.
- Interfering with or disrupting any servers or networks used to provide the forums.
- Posting, or otherwise making available any content or material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- Uploading, posting, emailing, transmitting or otherwise making available any content or material that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary right of any party.
- Posting another individual's contact information and/or email address in a post.
- Posting profanity, hate language, hostile, or disruptive comments, interpersonal disputes, or threats of violence against other members.
- “Stalking” or otherwise harassing another member of the uShip community.
- Instigating or encouraging others to commit illegal activities or cause injury or property damage to any person.
- Posting content (either graphic or text) that is obscene or considered adult in nature.
- Attempting to impersonate a member of the uShip staff or any other uShip member.
- Encouraging other members to violate the uShip User Agreement or other uShip policies.
- Advertising merchandise, shipment listings, moving services or commercial web sites, including offers to bid on listings and/or accept service providers.
- Making legal claims or statements against other members, uShip employees, uShip partners, or the uShip marketplace.
- Uploading, posting, emailing, transmitting or otherwise making available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, any illegal pyramid or "Ponzi" type schemes, or any other form of solicitation, without our express written approval.
- Refusing to follow the instructions of the uShip staff.
- Posting email content from private parties.
- Posting material that in any way violates the uShip User Agreement.
- Using the forum to rate other members or to give them negative feedback, including "warning" or discouraging the community from transacting with or responding to any other uShip member, regardless of whether such posts are justified or not. Please use the feedback system to rate any member you have completed a shipment with. If you have not completed a match with another member, you cannot give them feedback.
- Posting instances of member violations or fraud. To report suspected violations or fraud, please follow the procedures in the uShip User Agreement.
- Discussing or reposting deleted posts.
- A sanction or suspension of one username will apply to all user names. Additionally, the sanction or suspension of a member may apply to other members of the same household.
- The use of false registration information or creating multiple accounts for use on uShip's boards to be disruptive, or to avoid detection, may result in permanent sanction or suspension of all associated registrations.
- You must be over the age of 18 to participate in the uShip Community Discussion Forums. This is whether someone over 18 years of age actually owns the username or has been given parental/guardian permission.
- A sanction by the uShip staff bans members from submitting a posting to any of the uShip Community Discussion Forums. An account suspension bans members from performing any of the functions on the uShip website. This includes, but is not limited to, bidding on shipments, listing shipments, and posting to the forums. uShip reserves the right to sanction an account without suspending it. uShip reserves the right to suspend any member who has been previously warned for violating discussion board policy. Sanctions/suspensions may range from 1 day to an indefinite period.
- All warnings, sanctions, and suspensions are in accordance with the guidelines set out in the uShip User Agreement.
- Due to the variety of uShip boards, additional policies may be implemented on specific boards. At the discretion of uShip, exceptions may occur for certain uShip-sponsored programs.
Thank you for following these rules to help ensure a safe community experience.