What is the uShip API?
uShip’s open Application Programming Interface (API) allows partners, affiliates, and 3rd party application developers to interact with the uShip marketplace. Using our API, you can create applications that interface with the uShip platform and build on uShip's existing functionality. Because the API does not depend on the uShip user interface, it gives you the flexibility to create applications that meet your specific business needs.
Functionality available through the uShip API includes:
- GetCategories: Returns current list of uShip categories, with descriptions
- GetListings: Returns active listings from the uShip marketplace
- GetDirectory: Returns the TSPs in the uShip Directory
- GetEstimate: Returns Shipping Price Estimates from our Shipping Price Estimator application
- ShipmentNotification: Receive notifications when shipments are listed that meet your criteria
- PlaceBid: Place bids directly from your application
Examples of API applications:
Larger transportation companies with automatic rating systems use a combination of the ShipmentNotifications and PlaceBid API to receive notifications when new shipments are listed that match with their services and automatically place bids on those shipments.
Classified and auction websites use the GetEstimate API to provide their users with shipping price estimates based on the buyer’s and seller’s zip codes. Estimates can be shown in search results tables or on individual item listings.
How do I begin?
The API is totally free, and it's easy to get started. To begin using the uShip API, just follow these three steps:
- 1.Read and accept the uShip API user agreement.
- 2.Fill out a short contact form.
- 3.A member of our team will contact you with the API Documentation. Review this documentation, and when you're ready to begin using the API, request a token by email.